- Scored two garbage cans full of grass clippings from my neighbor. He looked at me like I was insane when I asked if I could have them. I tried to explain that I needed them for my compost pile, and they would make my vegetables grow better. He still looked at me like I was insane. He handed over the clippings, though, so I don't care if he thinks I'm nuts. Now my compost bin is full, and I've started a new pile with one can of clippings and a pile of newly-raked leaves. Happiness is a full compost bin.
- Planted some cool-season veggies:
- Scallions - "Delicious duo" red and green scallion seeds from Renee's Garden Seeds
- Spinach - unknown variety given to me by someone on Glendora Freecycle
- Beets - "Detroit Dark Red"
- Radishes - "Crimson Giant," also courtesy of a Glendora Freecycler
- Cleaned up some debris left in the yard by the previous owners
- Put a ring of stones around one of our orange trees
Now I'm resting a bit before date night at Disneyland with my husband. What a wonderful Saturday!